Saturday, March 02, 2013

Transylvania



As many of you may know, Transylvania is a historical region in Romania which is surrounded by the Carpathian mountain range and Apuseni Mountains. Something about this place is magical: old towns, mountains and the countryside is just like in fairy tales. For me this place is like travelling back in time and rediscovering the history. Every time I visit its towns I have a very simple schedule. So, in the morning I visit as many historical places as I can: museums, castles and fortresses. During lunch time, I go and have a lunch in one of the city centres. Then I just walk around and admire the old buildings' architecture. In the afternoon I go to my accommodation which is usually situated in the countryside and relax for the rest of the day. Or I go straight home, it depends which town I choose to visit.

And no! No, my darlings there are no vampires! So, live your garlic together with your fears at home.

Here are some pictures I took last year.

P.S. I don't know why most of the photos are randomly arranged. When I try to edit them they look fine, but when I post them is a different story. Does anyone know how to sort it out?


































And the cherry on top of the cake are the beautiful castles and I obviously didn't take pictures for some reason. I will leave some link where you can find Peles CastlePelisor Castle and the famous Bran Castle

Enjoy!

I was wearing:

Dress/Loafers/Sunglasses: Topshop
Bag: No name, handmade and bought from the medieval Hunyadi Castle in Hunedoara (in the pictures above).

No comments:

Post a Comment